Seeking the Brightest Minds in Education Technology
Our team is committed to continual learning to stay abreast of the latest new technologies. We are diverse, innovative and all work together on site, for maximum collaboration. We keep our commitments, and we have fun!
Join our dynamic team of Student Information System Software developers! We are a growing software company seeking highly responsible employees who are passionate about what they do, can grasp new concepts quickly, and always stay abreast of the latest technologies. Excellent opportunity for growth; casual dress, upbeat environment, and great location in the community of Weston, Florida 33327, about 16 miles west of Fort Lauderdale Beach. Although we are currently working remotely, this is for an in-house position, all applicants must reside within 20 miles of our location. If you reside outside the area, you must be willing to relocate at your own expense.
To apply: Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of the job title you are applying to.
Software Implementation Specialist
- Please read the full job description and do not respond unless you reside within 25 miles of 33327, or if you change jobs frequently.
- Must be willing to undergo a background check.
- No outsourcing and no working remotely. We have a work from home day on Wednesdays only after an initial 3-month trial period.
The Software Implementation Specialist needs to gain a comprehensive understanding of the Maestro SIS software in order to gather specifications for on-boarding new clients. This position will specialize in managing the implementation process for deliveries of administrative software to new client institutions from end to end. This entails gathering and documenting requirements, training users, organizing and managing the steps for a timely delivery and may include presenting demos. This position requires excellent VERBAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATION skills, time management skills, and the ability to respond with diplomacy in a friendly, positive attitude. Knowledge of Microsoft Project or Azure Dev Opps a plus!
Responsibilities will also include, but are not limited to, the following:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performing manual test of customized product initially in order to become a product expert
- Interface with IT customers to understand and document business requirements and customer needs, understanding business cases and suggesting work arounds in lieu of customizations, whenever possible
- Develop processes, procedures, and technical solutions to support all phases of a project
- Coordinate migrations and/or new deliveries
- Provide technical education, guidance and consulting to customers and team members on a software technology solution, services, and standards as part of the transition from sale through Implementation
- Participate in functional design review across the company
- Prepare business requirements, system assessments, project and process assessments, and implementation documentation for new projects
- Establish effective client relationships
- Assist in responding to help desk tickets, phone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support regarding current projects as needed
- Communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Oversee delivery and act as liaison between dev team and client
- Perform knowledge transfers for each project by preparing documentation for processes, procedures, written instructions
- Maintain knowledge of developments in relevant technologies and their use in the industry, making recommendations when appropriate
- Coordinate with dev and QA teams
- Be available to work after hours and weekends (if needed)
- Other duties and projects as assigned by supervisor
- Professional behavior required including, but not limited to, punctuality, positive attitude, and reliability
- EXCELLENT ENGLISH COMMUNICATION AND WRITING SKILLS ARE A MUST – should be as comfortable with people as with systems and technology
- Project Management skills
- Must be able to work well with others in a team as well as independently, collaboration skills are vital
- Able to work effectively at all levels of the organization with the ability to convey a correct sense of urgency based on customer or business impact
- High level of accountability
- Ability to instill a sense of credibility when speaking with customers
- Advanced problem solver with the ability to sort through complex issues and conduct a comparative analysis of multiple solutions
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills – prioritizes and performs a variety of concurrent tasks with efficiency and minimal direction
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Must be a quick learner and adaptable to change in process or required activities
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and desktop software such as Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of networking standards, protocols, security, troubleshooting, and performance tuning.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3, preferably 5+ years of experience with software support, including troubleshooting, deployment, and direct customer interaction or similar experience in technical sales
Full Stack Software Developer with C# and SQL Experience
Full-time permanent software developer who is a team player – experienced web developer C#, asp.net and knowledge of SQL, documentation, and functional specifications.
Customize and enhance the company’s premier web-based application for the administration of schools and colleges.
Requirements, in order of priority:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong work ethic with a willingness to learn
- Ability to quickly a learn platform and new technologies
- Skilled in C#, JAVA, & MS-SQL
- Knowledge of integrations using APIs
- Seven to 10 years of experience as a business systems analyst
- Excellent EQ/ interpersonal skills a must
- Strong analytical skills a must
- Degree in computer science or applicable experience
- Experience with Powerbuilder integration a plus
- Database tuning
- Work with customers and team to build and automate customized reporting tools
- Assist with technical deployments & managing the technical release schedule
- Organize & oversee new technical migrations
- Write code for new features, enhancements, and custom changes
- Interact with team and clients for gathering requirements and/or understanding causes for failures/user errors
- Devise solutions working with the internal team of architect and developers,
- Interact with the Quality Assurance (QA) teams for resolving issues
- Document the integration environment, business rules and procedural steps.
*Growing company with great culture and robust benefits package.
*Must reside within 30 miles of Weston, FL or be prepared to relocate immediately.
Subject Matter Expert for Higher Ed Federal Financial Aid
The candidate would act as a liaison between customer and technical solutions/support groups. The Business Analyst (BA) / Subject Matter Expert (SME) meets with internal and external customers to identify business process, system, and product requirements. They will formulate and define systems scope and objectives using information technology and industry knowledge/requirements. Researches, identifies and develops solutions to problems, and documents requirements specifications. Supports integrated systems tests, working with internal and external clients to resolve issues. The BA/SME might have a project where they work with technical writers to develop user documentation/guidelines for applications.
**Frequent Job Changers please do not apply**
- Participate in client discussions, understand problems faced by client, and articulate same to development team. Define and document problem and get customer agreement, bring in best practices of industry and provide options
- Develop proposals, create solution design based on areas of expertise
- Conduct product demonstration, proof of technology
- Write PAQ’s and Prepare effort estimates
- Conduct requirement workshops, identify high level system and process changes, Acts as a lead in small engagements
- Arrive at possible solution alternatives factoring in gap resolution, functional areas, acceptability of solution to user community, technical feasibility and efficiency
- Analyze the requirements by demonstrating strong process/solution/product knowledge, IT scenario, implementation and technology constraints, look at end to end perspective with implications in related functional/product areas.
- Lead detailed solution design in small engagements and review work of team members
- Assist tech team in resolving requirement and design queries
- Test solution
- Conduct knowledge transition sessions, maintain knowledge repository
- Assist in pre-sales activities as an SME
- Experience in higher education domain
- Experience in Requirements Analysis and writing Functional Requirements Documents
- Stakeholder management skills
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills
- Exposure to database concepts and SQL
- Awareness of operational process framework
- Prior experience in direct customer engagement
- Team management skills
- Functional testing skills
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in developing, implementing, or architecting information systems with listed responsibilities and skill sets.
Job Type: Full-time
Sales Executive - Education Technology
Sales Executive – Education Technology
- Gain a full understanding of the product and be able to deliver product demonstrations/presentations as necessary
- Present at trade shows as an SME on Digital Learning
- Find new opportunities and engage decision makers
- Develop new leads and opportunities for administrative software for education. Work deals from start to finish.
- Close deals
- Work collaboratively with dev team to help prioritize new features
- Provide ongoing communications with management
- Document pipeline and sales related activities
- Provide feedback for creation of marketing and new marketing avenues
- Prepare proposals for customers in coordination with management and development team
- Asses competitive environment and provide input to team.
- Provide thought leadership in the areas of Student Information Systems
- Meet sales target
- Travel as necessary
- Develop and Manage channels/agents to promote growth
Mandatory Skills & Experience:
- 4-year college degree
- Minimum three, preferably five+ years of successful sales experience in education technology.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills – for negotiation, presentation and communication.
- Demonstrated ability to establish professional credibility and effective relationships with proven track record of closed sales.
- Innate skills for business development and enjoy building customer relationships. Demonstrated ability to produce profit growth through sound business judgment.
- Must have a high level of integrity and business ethics.
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Stable career history
- Self-Confident – Excellent presentation skills, enthusiasm and capacity for persuasion with C-level executives.
- Results Oriented – Dynamic self-starter with strong work ethic, who possesses strong time management skills with ability to prioritize. Must be able to multi-task and stay focused on results.
- Creative Problem Solver – generate ideas for closing challenging deals.
- Team Player – Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact successfully with a diverse work force.
NOTE: Retail or Real Estate sales experience is NOT applicable for this position.
Although we are currently working remotely, this is for an in-house position located in Weston/Fort Lauderdale area of South Florida. If you reside outside the area, you must be willing to relocate at your own expense.
- Base pay plus commission
- Benefits package including:
- Excellent health coverage
- Life Insurance
- Cafeteria plan
- 3 weeks PTO plus Nation holidays
- Upbeat work environment
Product Manager for Ed Tech Software
Product Manager for Ed Tech Software
Seeking an Experienced & Dynamic Product Manager
Join us as we revolutionize online school management! BocaVox is the team that built the first student information system for online schools. We are a small but growing company in a rapidly growing industry. With the onset of Covid-19, online education is changing the way people learn & schools operate. With Maestro SIS, schools and administrations can seamlessly orchestrate all of the moving pieces of their increasingly complex online infrastructure. We have seen unprecedented interest from customers & are eager to bring on a rock star that can take charge, lead a team, and help us revolutionize the way schools operate in this new & rapidly changing era.
To apply, you MUST have the following:
- Experience managing and implementing complex software.
- Minimum 5, preferably 10 years’ experience as a developer & Product Manager of complex software products.
- Well versed in SCRUM
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including written, oral and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Curious to learn new things, and humble enough to defer to your team or acknowledge when you don’t know the answer
- Must reside within 20 miles of Weston, FL or be willing to relocate.
- Must have stable work history. Frequent job changers need not apply.
- Become an expert user of Maestro SIS and applying project management methodology processes for timely deliveries of ongoing new releases and customizations.
- Provide leadership & structure to established development team, including technical guidance
- Oversee and improve upon the Quality Assurance processes, making sure that all project deliverables are accurately documented and tested.
- Manage allocation of resources- Estimate effort required, identify key skills of team & determine how to best allocate those skills against the work at hand
- Collaborate with BocaVox sales, support and development teams to achieve the company’s goals of providing a mature product that is scalable and customizable to each client institution. Explore, leverage & introduce best practices to the dev teams that are most relevant for K12 and higher education.
- Deploy flawless releases for customers. Work with team to build implementation plans/process and roadmaps for integrations, factoring in custom requirements, resources, and costs.
- Provide assurance that 100% readiness has been achieved prior to all “go live” dates, and ongoing progress reports to both BocaVox teams & their customers
- Manage client expectations with eloquence and diplomacy. Help prioritize new timelines and commitments based on cost and available resources.
- Field & prioritize urgent requests from clients
This position includes a full benefits package.